At autowoven we have seen our share of new TeamSite implementations as well as migration / upgrade projects. While there are quite a few reasons why migration projects could fail. Here are the top 5 reasons.
- Not following the proper TeamSite version upgrade path
- Project led by an entity (team lead / professional services team) not having prior migration experience
- Not allocating necessary down time of systems
- Not considering encoding issues (visual format/ tinymce)
- Assuming APIs used in customizations are forward compatible